Monday 8 February 2016

THE POLITICS OF FRIENDSHIP

I'm all about making new friends, although I must admit that I find it really hard to be friends with girls. I don't know if it's the bitchiness, or the energy it takes up to not squabble but whatever it is, it makes me shy away from having girl friends. I mean, I know a lot of people but I wouldn't class them as friends because we haven't got to that level yet.

What is a friend? A friend is someone who has your back unconditionally, knows you as well as you know yourself, and keeps all your dirty secret no matter what. I've been caught up in a friendship frenzy recently and it kind of made me question if I actually knew who I wanted to be associated with. I see friendship as kind of a relationship, just without sexual emotions per say.



What isn't a friendship? A friendship is not a SITUATIONSHIP and yes I said the word. A situationship is a complication, friendships are not meant to get complicated, and if they do, they should be resolved quickly. A friendship isn't all about hypocrisy. A true friend tells you what you need to hear and not what you want to hear. And remember people, if you get tired of people making your life complicated, don't be scared to drop them. No one has ever died from letting go of negative energy. It's okay to
:)









No comments:

Post a Comment