Friday 26 February 2016

BIRTHDAYS DON'T MATTER ANYMORE, NO?

I've started to notice a lot of changes in life, people no longer value the things that are important like manners, relationships, friendships and even family. Everyone is on their phone these days that no one stops to take in the world around them. One of the things that stick to me is the fact that the world has sort of outgrown birthdays. You hardly ever get a birthday card, let alone a present and it just seems a bit weird to me. Most people just post a mealy happy  birthday post on social networks like Facebook and Twitter, which just end up getting liked. People get sad because they feel like they're getting old but I think it would be pretty weird if you stayed the same age forever.



It kind of sucks to live in a world where you have a random conversation with someone and they just casually mention that it's their birthday, and then shrug while saying its not a big deal. I believe that birthdays should be amazing, should be celebrated because its the one day where you kind of realise that you've lived an actual year longer than you did the previous year, I mean that's a pretty big deal if you ask me. I guess some people would say it's all part of growing up, and that the older you get the less it matters. It's nice to have a cake with candles on, with presents and loads of people joining you to celebrate and wishing you a happy birthday in person. It's the thrill you get from having people around who care to actually take time out for the little important things.

Pancake day is a day people take seriously, I mean most people eat pancakes every other day for breakfast and stuff but you don't turn 18 or 21 everyday which is why I can't get my head around it not mattering. You only live once and it's nice to value every year that you get to see, because you never get it back.



And I would like to dedicate this post to my good friend Laura Hughes who turns 21 today! xxxxx














No comments:

Post a Comment